See those little green muffins? These compact powerhouses are vegetable egg cups and are one of the first egg recipes my husband did not drown in hot sauce, so I am calling this recipe a major success for our family! I found this recipe in my 21 Day Fix Extreme book, but of course I had to tinker with it 🙂 Leave a comment if you alter the vegetables and let me know what fun combinations you come up with!
Original Recipe at: http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/nutrition/mini-vegetable-egg-cups
- 12 Eggs
- 8 Oz of Fresh Spinach, Finely Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Herbamare (this is an amazing seasoned sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper (or to taste, we like a lot of pepper)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spray a muffin pan with olive oil to prevent eggs from sticking.
- Break eggs into a large bowl and whisk until scrambled.
- Season egg mixture with Herbamare and ground pepper.
- Stir Onion, Bell Pepper, and Spinach into egg mixture.
- Pour egg and vegetable mixture evenly into each section of the muffin pan.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out cleanly.
For a complete breakfast, you can place these on a whole grain sprouted english muffin with a little cheese for an at home egg mcmuffin! I served ours with steel cut oats and an orange since the Extreme does not allow for english muffins. For all my fixers, 2 egg muffins equals One Red and One Green container!